Dr. Simms-Burton has demonstrated and measurable experience and proficiency in developing training and learning using Microsoft Office Suite, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe DC, Adobe Lightroom, SnagIt, Articulate Studio, Articulate Storyline, Intuit Quickbooks for Project Management, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project Management; Sharepoint, Google Docs, Dropbox, and Box; Adobe Captivate Prime, Moodle, Blackboard, WebCT, Learning Studio, and WebTycho; possesses basic html skills; knowledgeable of 508 compliancy requirements.
Senior Instructional Systems Designer, project manager, and facilitator with 21 years of experience in the public and private sectors and in higher education conducting front-end analysis, identifying root causes, designing and developing training and learning.
Major Accomplishments as an Independent Consultant
- Consults with federal government agencies to address performance issues by assessing root causes, developing curriculum, developing course modules, and working with SMEs
- Served as senior ISD and in the capacity as QA on a multifunctional team designing, developing, and implementing 250 online for a major educational publisher.
- Designed a MOOC in Systems Engineering in conjunction with NASA and Saylor Foundation using NASA content.
- Performed as the lead Instructional Designer and Deputy Project Manager for two task orders on a VA ADDIE multi-year contract supervising a team of four ISDs, graphic designer, and usability tester.
- Established processes for work flow for 14,000 units for a project to produce Section 508 compliant training and marketing documents for the VA
- Designed and developed face-to-face technical training for FAA ATC